Hi. My name is Edward Bergersen, but everyone calls me Coach Eddie. I’m a personal trainer, and movement therapist. I also like helping people along on their personal development journey.
I’m 32 years old and originally from Norway, although I am half Filipino and currently based in Switzerland. After high school, I attended Nottingham University to study Business Management and thoroughly enjoyed it, but when I was finished I realised I wanted to pursue my passion in health and fitness. I moved back to Norway where I trained as a physiotherapist and got a wide range of experience in many fields, from sports medicine to paediatrics.
During this time I also worked in the fitness industry, as a group exercise instructor and personal trainer, and loved it so much I decided to dedicate the majority of my time to it. My focus is exercise prescription and movement therapy. I believe exercise is not only helpful, but an absolute necessity in order to live a long and healthy life with optimal function. I’m also passionate about helping people get out of pain and I think that movement is one of the greatest antidotes for muscle and joint issues.
I’m not a big believer in certificates and past achievements, as I think people lean on them too much instead of being the best they can be now. That being said, here are a few of mine.
- B.S. in Physiotherapy, Oslo and Akershus University College
- B.A. Management Studies, University of Nottingham
- Steve Maxwell Certified kettlebell instructor, bodyweight strength instructor, and mobility instructor.
- 1 year of coaching and mentorship under Steve Maxwell, globally recognised fitness coach and educator.
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP)
- Neuromuscular Reprogramming practitioner
- Mulligan joint mobilizations practitioner
- Ambassador for Varier Furniture
I’m currently based in Geneva, Switzerland, at Funcwork, a cool studio that does personal training and semi-private coaching.
If you would like to hire my services or are just up for a chat email me at:
If you live in central Geneva and want to train with me at Funcwork, email me at: